Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wisdom tooth extraction

Heard many bad experiences of colleagues and friends about it.
I applied for a week leave but my kind supervisor has given me two weeks off. He thinks I need more than one week to heal  >,<

Fear then built up when the date got closer.
And I started to find excuses in trying to postpone the surgery.
Can I drive after that? Who is going to drive me to the drug store to get the pain killer? Experiments are still running.. I really need to get my thesis done. The tooth has not given me any trouble so far why do I need to find trouble?? I am staying alone now, no one is going to cook for me after that. By then, I started to understand why some elderly refuse to do the annual medical check-up.  It's because of fear, fear of unknown. Really torturing me.

Fear disappeared when I decided to trust the dentist. He is professional. When he advised to get it done, it needed to be done.

Fear vanished when I realized physical pain is more bearable than mental pain (fear of unknown).

Got to remember this experience.

2 comments: